New Covenant Bapt. Church History
This church has its begining at the Bond Brothers Tie Plant. All the people were new comers and there was no church in the neighborhood. The people had services at different houses with Rev. Starling preaching. Later the group moved to a tent and called the Rev. A. Devasher as Pastor of the mission. In the fall of 1925 a council was called at Pleasant View Baptist Church in order to organize this group into a church.
The church was organized and the name chosen was Massie Zion Baptist Church. The Rev. G. Walker was called as Pastor and served two years; Rev. J.T. Herring was called and served two years; Rev. G.D. Bass was called and served nine years; Rev. W.G Stamps served thirty-one years, reuniting the church and giving a new outlook for the it's future.
Rev. David Lyons was called to Pastor in 1984-89; Lincoln Bingham was Interim Pastor from 1989-1990; Rev. J.R. Sams called to Pastor from 1990-2012, in which we built a New Church Building , Modern Technology and Growth. In December 2012 Pastor Sams was called home to be with the Lord. Rev. Donal Jones was Interim 2013-2016; Rev. Robert C. Drake Sr. was called to pastor in January 2016.